Thursday, May 16, 2013

Student Rep Meeting

Hi All,

As you know I met with the ARCH1101 student reps on Tuesday. We had a fruitful discussion, my notes and follow up actions are detailed below;

1. The Engineering with Architecture students have a exams on the 18th and the 24th of June. As the final submission for ARCH1101 is on the 25th of June they have requested an extension. I'll talk with the student center to see what kind of extension we can give. 

2. The Architecture students have an Environments exam on the 20th. see above.

3. There was a request to include more captions in the lectures ... which I'll do.

4. There was also a request to record the lecture ... which I'm sure can be done through Lectopia, I'll look into this.

5. There was some interest in getting access to additional vegetation types to make your landscapes more specific. I'll put some links to vegetation packages up on the forum.

6. There was some interest in a voxel tutorial (to show how to make caves and overhangs etc). Hélder Pinto has covered this in the online videos here: http://unsw.kanopystreaming.com/node/68451 the video is called "Your First Level Creating and Detailing a Cave" ... it's the 11th video clip from the left. I'll create a short version before next weeks class.

7. There was a bit of discussion regarding an end of session party for ARCH1101 students and their friends. Things to consider are venue, date, theme (we had some suggestions ...Barn Animals, Dress as your Favorite Architect, an Op Shop Ball). Take a look at the ARCH1101 facebook page if you'd like to make a suggestion or see what people are thinking.

I think that was everything, leave comments below if I've missed something.

Cheers






No comments:

Post a Comment